Who else wants to get more twitter followers?
This Twitter Marketing resource introduces you to the best Twitter tips and Twitter How tos… period.
Each chapter contains several links to hand-picked blog posts that improve your Twitter skills, gain more followers, and show you how to get more traffic with social media.
This will be a living resource, so bookmark this page.
Are you ready to attract more followers on Twitter?
Here’s what you need to do:
First, the BEST way to stay updated on the latest Twitter marketing tactics is by following me on Twitter.
(I often share super helpful links about Twitter, marketing, persuasion, psychology, and more).
Then, after you’re done following me on Twitter, you can continue to peruse this in-depth Twitter resource.
You’ll learn how to start a Twitter account, build a loyal follower base from scratch, and more!
Introducing: The Ultimate Twitter Resource Book
Here is how you get started. When you click one of the chapter links below, it will jump you to your desired chapter… without refreshing the page. So, pick which chapter you like and get started.
- Chapter 1: Twitter for Newbies
- Chapter 2: How to Use Twitter Effectively
- Chapter 3: How to Increase Your Twitter Followers
- Chapter 4: Why Twitter Helps Bloggers (and How they Can Use It)
- Chapter 5: The Ultimate Guide to Twitter for Business
- Chapter 6: Here are the Best Twitter Marketing Resources… Period
- Chapter 7: Does Twitter Provide Any SEO Benefits?
- Chapter 8: Where Else Does Twitter Apply?
- Chapter 9: Twitter Case Studies: What are People and Companies Doing?
- Bonus Chapter: More Twitter Tips
If you like this Twitter resource, please remember to share it with your friends by Tweeting it.
Chapter 1: Twitter for Newbies
Whether you are new to Twitter or new to using Twitter effectively, these 7 resources will be a huge help. This should give you a wonderful introduction to the awesome social media tool known as Twitter.
- Here are 12 Twitter Stream Aggregators All People Should Know | Top Rank Blog
- Your Guide to Microblogging and Twitter | Media Shift
- Twitter 101: Clarifying the Rules for Newbies | She Geeks
- Top 10 Things New People Should Know on Twitter | Marc Warnke
- Top 10 Twitter Tips for Beginners | PC Magazine
- Twitter Goes Mainstream | Wall Street Journal
- Tweet This: A Twitter Manifesto | Randy Gage
Want to add a resource to this chapter? Tweet me with “Twitter Resource Chapter 1″ and provide a link.
Chapter 2: How to Use Twitter Effectively
Once you know what Twitter is and how it works, these 7 resources will show you how to use Twitter the right way. You will learn what other Tweeple do and how to get your followers to click your links. Additionally, you will learn the most important type of tweet… the question.
- How to Ask Effective Questions on Twitter | Twitip
- Learning How to Use Twitter Effectively | Justin R Levy
- 7 Tips for Expressing yourself on Twitter | Be A Better Writer
- 7 Ways to Get Twitter Followers to Click Your Links | Seo Hosting
- 5 Ways to Use Twitter For Good | Life Hack
Want to add a resource to this chapter? Tweet me with “Twitter Resource Chapter 2″ and provide a link.
Chapter 3: How to Increase Your Twitter Followers
So, you know how to use Twitter and you know how to create high-impact tweets, but no one is listening. Here are 9 resources that show you how to gain Twitter followers and how to lose Twitter followers. I highly recommend you check out how Kevin Rose increased his Twitter Followers.
- 5 Tips to Grow Your Twitter Presence | Problogger
- How to Get More Followers on Twitter | Twitip
- Kevin Rose: 10 Ways to Increase Your Twitter Followers | TechCrunch
- How Not to Get Twitter Followers | Webware Cnet
- Getting More Twitter Followers or Losing Them | Pistachio
- How to Get Followers and Interact With Them | Blog Building U
- 10 Things Twitter Users Should Not Do | Valleywag
Want to add a resource to this chapter? Tweet me with “Twitter Resource Chapter 3″ and provide a link.
Chapter 4: Why Twitter Helps Bloggers (and How They Can Use It)
Here is where several bloggers talk specifics. You will learn how to increase your RSS subscribers and Blog readers via Twitter. Additionally, you will learn why specific types of bloggers, like lifestyle and business bloggers, use Twitter and how they do it.
- How to Use Twitter — Tips for Bloggers | Problogger
- How to Use Twitter to Promote Your Blog | Problogger
- 9 Benefits of Twitter for Bloggers | Problogger
- 10 Ways Twitter Will Change Blog Design | Mashable
- 10 Ways Bloggers Can Use Twitter | Susan Gurnelius
- How Lifestyle Bloggers Can Benefit Using Twitter | The Everyday Blogger
- Why Business Bloggers are Twittering | Inc Technology
Want to add a resource to this chapter? Tweet me with “Twitter Resource Chapter 4″ and provide a link.
Chapter 5: The Ultimate Guide to Twitter for Business (both Small and Big)
This is the one-stop source for all Twitter resources that relate specifically to business. You will learn how people acquire customers and grow their business using Twitter. Additionally, you will see a few examples of large companies who use Twitter effectively.
- How and Why to Use Twitter for Small Business | Small Biz Trends
- 10 Small Business People to Follow on Twitter | The Society for Word of Mouth
- How to Use Twitter to Grow Your Business | Copyblogger
- 50 Ideas on Using Twitter for Business | Chris Brogan
- How to Use Twitter for Your Business the Right Way | Twitip
- 5 Ways to Acquire Customers on Twitter | Shoemoney
- Tweeting for Companies 101 | Horse Pig Cow
- Ten Ways to Use Twitter to Promote Your Business | Business Zone
- 16 Examples of Huge Brands Using Twitter for Business | Search Engine Journal
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Promoting Your Business on Twitter | Sparkplugging
- 7 Lessons Entrepreneurs Can Learn From Twitter’s Success | Blog of Mr. Tweet
Want to add a resource to this chapter? Tweet me with “Twitter Resource Chapter 5″ and provide a link.
Chapter 6: Here are the Best Twitter Marketing Resources… Period
Where there are people, there will be marketers looking to market to them. Twitter has lots of people and here is how you can market to them the right way. You will learn how to go viral and how to build your brand.
- 5 Steps to Going Viral on Twitter | Copyblogger
- 5 Twitter Marketing Tips | iammikesmith
- Three Ways to Maximize your Twitter Time for Networking, Marketing, and Fun | Copyblogger
- 10 Tips to be Effective at Marketing on Twitter | Twitip
- How to Use Twitter to Build Brand Integrity | Marketing Vox
- How to Use Twitter for Marketing and PR | Hubspot
- The Guide to Twitter for Marketing and PR | Top Rank Blog
- 7 Ways Marketers Can Use Twitter | Marketing Profs Daily Fix
- The Golden Rule of Twitter Marketing | Technosailor
- How to Use Twitter for Marketing | Carbon Graffiti
- Twitter Marketing: Do’s and Don’ts | Get Elastic
- Creative Ways to Use Twitter for Marketing and Branding | Shoestring Branding
Want to add a resource to this chapter? Tweet me with “Twitter Resource Chapter 6″ and provide a link.
Chapter 7: Does Twitter Provide Any SEO Benefits?
With Twitter No Following all their outgoing links, are there still SEO Benefits? These 6 articles will help you learn just how it works.
- The 10 Most Obvious SEO 2.0 Benefits of Twitter | SEO 2.0
- How Twitter Can Be Corrosive to Online Marketing |SEO Book
- Twitter’s Little Known SEO Value | Sitepoint
- 25 SEO Gurus You Should Follow on Twitter | Daily SEO Blog
- Is Twitter the Next SEO Haven – The Blog Herald
- You Don’t Need SEO to Rank in Google - Sugarrae
Want to add a resource to this chapter? Tweet me with “Twitter Resource Chapter 7″ and provide a link.
Chapter 8: Where Else Does Twitter Apply?
So, I talked about Blogging, Marketing, SEO, and Business. Here are more ways you can use Twitter. Some highlights include, Twitter for Journalism, Twitter for Career Advancement, and Twitter for Recruiting.
- 13 Odd Ways to Use Twitter | Social Media Trader
- 10 Ways Twitter Can Boost Your Social News Profile | Read Write Web
- Eight Ways Twitter is Useful Professionally | Web Worker Daily
- How We Use Twitter for Journalism | Read Write Web
- Get Into Twitter or Get Out of Public Relations | PR Squared
- Why Recruiters Should Use Twitter | Recruiting Blog
- 5 Reasons Twitter is an Essential Social Media Tool | Search Engine Guide
- Twitter Tips for Writers | Editor Unleashed
Want to add a resource to this chapter? Tweet me with “Twitter Resource Chapter 8″ and provide a link.
Chapter 9: Twitter Case Studies: What Are People and Companies Doing?
This is the most important chapter. Once you learn all the tips and tricks of Twitter, here are some real world examples of how companies and people use it. If you know of more case studies, please tweet me as I would like to build this out substantially.
- Twitter Case Study: Marshal Kirkpatrick | Marshall Kirkpatrick
- Twitter Case Study: BB Geeks| Sugarrae
- Twitter Case Study: Zappos| Read Write Web
- Twitter Case Study: Comcast | Grok Dot Com
- Twitter Case Study: Chris Brogan | Chris Brogan
- Twitter Case Study: Spring | Pistachio Consulting
- Twitter Case Study: Molson | Pistachio Consulting
- Twitter Case Study: Motrin | Pistachio Consulting
- Twitter Case Study: Vornado | Pistachio Consulting
- Three Case Studies: Zappos, Ford, and Comcast | Pistachio Consulting
- How one Local Coffee Shop Used Twitter to Double Clientele | Pistachio Consulting
- Here are More Small Business Case Studies on Twitter | Pistachio
- How Freshbooks Built an Army of Twitter Evangelists | Blog of Mr Tweet
Want to add a resource to this chapter? Tweet me with “Twitter Resource Chapter 9″ and provide a link.
Bonus Chapter: More Twitter Tips
These Twitter Tips are just a bonus and don’t fall into any of the above categories.
- 35 Twitter Tips from 35 Twitter Users | Problogger
- Ten Top Twitter Tips | On Ramp 101
- 10 Hot Twitter Tips | Twitip
- Hundreds of Twitter Apps | Twitter PB Wikia
- Social Media Monitoring Services Sometimes Fail | Jason Falls
Want to add a resource to this chapter? Tweet me with “Bonus Chapter” and provide a link.