On September 6th, this Thursday, I’m releasing Social Triggers TV, a web video show where I’ll break down complex research into insanely practical tips for entrepreneurs who are looking to grow their business.
(The first episode is all about pricing, and you’re going to love it)
But for now, since you’re a subscriber to Social Triggers, I wanted to pull back the curtain to share:
1. Why I’m starting a web tv show
2. How this new show will help you (at no cost)
3. What you can do to spread the word
So, let’s jump right in.
1. Why I’m Starting Social Triggers TV
A few years back, I read a book by Marshall Goldsmith titled “What got you here, won’t get you there.”
And while the book was a GREAT read, you don’t have to read the book. All you have to do is remember the title.
“What got you here, won’t get you there.”
When you’re looking to grow your business (and website), you’ll eventually hit a growth plateau.
The question is what do you do when you hit that growth plateau?
In my experience, most people start doing more of what they have been doing with hopes of compensating for their lack of growth.
Marketers start pitching more. Health nuts start exercising more. And etc.
The problem is that there is a law of diminishing returns on things like this. More doesn’t always equate to more results.
Marketers who pitch too much get tuned out. Health nuts who exercise too much overtrain and hurt themselves.
And then, instead of breaking out of the growth plateau, these people actually go backwards and LOSE ground.
So, that’s where the phrase “what got you here, won’t get you there comes in.”
Instead of doing more of the same, it’s a simple reminder that you’ve got to come up with a new plan every time you hit a growth plateau.
What does this have to do with Social Triggers TV?
One of my big goals with Social Triggers is to help as many people as possible.
(Not only is that good for my business, I believe it’s good for everyone elses’ business too :-D)
And while I’ve got tens of thousands of loyal subscribers (you’re amazing by the way), my goal is to reach millions of people.
Now I could continue releasing more podcasts and more articles, but I know “what got me here, won’t get me there.”
So, instead of doing more of the same, I decided to start Social Triggers TV, a completely new feature of Social Triggers, and it’s going to help take me from tens of thousands of subscribers to hundreds of thousands of subscribers.
2. How Will Social Triggers TV Help You?
I’m super pumped to share this with you right now, and I know you’re going to absolutely love it.
As I mentioned earlier, Social Triggers TV is a web video show where I’ll break down complex research into insanely practical tips for entrepreneurs who are looking to grow their business.
That means you’re going to get more high quality content from Social Triggers… and it wont’ cost you a cent. Win!
Plus, to really spice things up, I decided to work with a video team to make sure the videos are TOP NOTCH.
Here’s a picture of me filming the first set of Social Triggers TV episodes last month:
And here’s a screenshot of what one of the videos looks like:
How cool is that, right?
3. How Can You Help?
If you think Social Triggers TV is going to be amazing, and you’re PUMPED that I’m releasing it for FREE, here’s what you can do to help:
1. Do you know anyone who you think will benefit from this new series? Send them a personal email to let them know about Social Triggers TV. And if you could send a personal email to at least 3 friends, I’d be eternally grateful.
2. Do you run a blog about marketing and business? If so, I’m hosting Social Triggers TV on YouTube, and it would be AWESOME if you shared the first video with your blog readers. You’ll be able to embed the video from YouTube on your blog without any issues and I’m sure your readers will love it… Especially if you add some of your own commentary around the video.
3. Leave a comment on this blog post letting me know what you think. Or even better, leave a comment on this blog post letting me know what types of topics you’d like me to cover in upcoming videos. I can’t guarantee I’ll get to all of your great ideas, but I’ll read every single comment.
And P.S., you can subscribe to this web tv show on YouTube. Do so right here.